Join us - Canadian Independent Booksellers
Welcome to CIBA!
If you are a Canadian Independent Bookseller looking for resources, professional development, networking opportunities, news and updates, and a strong united voice on the issues that matter most to your business — you’re in the right place!
As a CIBA Member, you’ll have a chance to:
A privately held Canadian owned independent bookseller with one to ten locations selling new books. Canadian independent bookseller members are entitled to one vote at all meetings of members.
The membership application will ask a number of questions about you and your store(s).
- Privacy: You can decide what information is kept completely private, shared only with fellow members, or shared with the general public.
- Additional registrants: CIBA’s membership software will allow you to register additional individuals in your organization as part of your membership bundle.
- Yearly or Monthly: As a Canadian indie you have the option to pay monthly or annually. If you choose the monthly option, you will be charged $1 + your monthly self-assessed dues (a software quirk).
- Dues: Suggested self-assessed membership dues are based on your store revenue and are kept strictly confidential. Please select suggested annual membership fee based on annual sales of new books, cards, magazines, and calendars - excluding other merchandise or services. This information is kept fully private.
- Payment options: CIBA’s membership portal accepts payment by VISA, MASTERCARD, or will email you an invoice for payment by cheque.